Saturday, January 2, 2016

First Book of the Year! A Separate Peace

So I have decided to start my first book of the new year with a classic, A Separate Peace, written by John Knowles.  Yes, I know, it's an oldie (published in 1959), and was required reading for many students, however it is a book that I have never read. Although published as a work of fiction, there seems to be circulating murmurs about how much truth is actually revealed in this writing and whether the character of Finny was actually based on a friend of Knowles.  Truth or not, reviews appear to be that many become emotionally affected by this book -- either loving it, or conversely, hating it.  So, I figure that since it is a relatively short read, what do I have to lose?

Happy Reading Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment