Sunday, September 14, 2014

Update: Just Hit My Original Goal

For those of you who have been following the progress on my book, I am happy to report that this afternoon I have finally hit and surpassed my original goal of 70,000 words.  So am I finished?  Nope, not yet.  Since I still have a little more story in me to make this feel complete and a lot of refining and polishing to do, I am not ready to call this one done yet.  It has taken me a while I know.  After all, I wanted to have this completed last year, and here I am in the middle of September still not there.  But I'm trying not to beat myself up about that.  I mean, that's what happens sometimes.  You know, life.  It gets busy.  You get sidetracked.  But I'm not giving up yet.  Hey, if it takes until I'm old and gray, swaying in my rocking chair listening to the oldies with my teeth soaking next to me in a jar, so be it.  I'm determined to put a "The End" on this story.  Now hopefully I won't have to wait quite that long, since my new goal is the end of this year, but I'm just covering all the bases here, you know?

Until then, if at any time you're interested in checking in on my progress, you can view my word count meter on the right-hand side bar of my blog.

Have a good night and great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment