Monday, November 11, 2013

What's in a Name?

Well, frankly a lot.  Especially when you're trying to figure out what to title your book.  No, no, hang on, I'm not finished it yet (actually, disappointingly far behind my projection of a 2013 completion), but as with most books, the title is worked into the story and therefore holds a special significance.   So, here I sit trying to come up with the perfect variation of my working title.  Ugh.  You see, my first thought was a title that is already in use.  It also is two words that by themselves are, well, admittedly kind of lackluster.  So, wanting to keep those two words in my title because of their significance to the story, I am trying to come up with a more intriguing variation.  Yes, I admit, I'm spending a lot of time on a just handful of words.  But as you know, marketing is an important piece of the puzzle.  Think of all the commercials you laugh at, the jingles you sing to yourself and the book titles that either grab you or make you feel something special.  So, instead of the 20,000 more words that I need to write, this morning I'm focusing on five very significant words that are about to steer me toward a bottle of aspirin.  Calgon take me away!  (See, some of you instantly knew what those four words meant, and smiled . . . . . )

No comments:

Post a Comment