Sunday, April 21, 2013

Book Review Time - "Light on Snow" by Anita Shreve

Anita's writing is simple and easy to read.  Yet when these simple, clear sentences are woven together, you are presented with surprisingly poetic paragraphs and a story that grabs you and pulls you into its web.  

With this book, Anita Shreve presents you with a interesting moral dilemma resulting from a shocking discovery.  She allows you to taste and savor the story's events and subsequent emotions while never letting your attention go.  The story takes place over a time span of only a couple days and because of this, I won't reveal to you what the story is about.  What I will say is that I have read three Anita Shreve books now (Body Surfing, Testimony and Light on Snow), and I think this one was perhaps my favorite.  

Well done.  I give this one a thumbs up.   

No comments:

Post a Comment